It is a Sindhi variation of rice or biryani. It is cookied with lots of onion. You can serve this rice with curry or raita. Enjoy Bhuga Chavaran.
- Preparation time : 10 mts
- Cooking time :Â 15 mts
- Serves : 2Â people
- 2 cups leftover long grain boiled Rice
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Tomato finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Cardamom pods
- 1" Cinnamon stick
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Cloves
- 2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat up ghee in a kadhai, after ghee is enough hot, add cumin seeds.
- Then add cardamom, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, cloves and let the whole masala cook in a ghee for just about a minute or so.
- Add finely chopped onions and saute until onions turn soft.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and mix well.
- Continue to cook until tomatoes softens and oil starts to separate out from the masala.
- Add boiled rice, mix well, add salt to taste.
- Cover and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with slice of lemon on the side!