Shev Khamni is popular Gujarati sanck from Surat are. This gram lentils snacks is juicy, sweet and tangy. Sev Khamni can be served for breakfast, as regular Gujarati dish or as evening snacks also.
- Preparation time : 10 mts
- Cooking time : 20 mts
- Serves : 2 people
- 1 cup Split Chana Dal
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1"piece of Ginger
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- pinch of Hing
- 5 to 6 Curry Leaves
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Sev for Garnishing
- Rinse and soak chana dal in enough water for 4 hours.
- Drain off excess water from dal and put that dal in to mixie pot along with green chillies and ginger.
- Blend everything together to make that in to very coarse paste.
- Heat up oil in a sauteing pan, once oil is hot add mustard seeds, hing, curry leaf, turmeric powder and let it cook for just about a minute.
- Add ground dal mixture, mix well and continue to cook until oil separates from dal.
- Be sure to add water in between if dal gets dried out.
- Finally add, sugar, salt, lemon juice, coriander leaves.
- Mix well, cover and let continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle generous amount of sev and pomegranate seeds over khamani just right before serving!