A nice variation for regular dal. Very simple and easy to make. TastesÂ superb!
Preparation time : 20 mts
Cooking time : 20 mts
Serves : 2 people
- 1 cup Chana Dal
- 1 Big Onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp MustardÂ seeds
- 2 tsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak chana dal in two cups of water for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, garlic and saute till garlic gets nice golden color.
- Add onions and saute till gets light brown color.
- Add garam masala, red chilli powder and saute till oil separates from the spices.
- Add chana dal along with its water, add salt, mix and pressure cook until 4 whistles.
- After 4 whistles, turn diwn heat to medium and simmer it for 10 mnts.
- Turn off the heat and let the pressure goes down by itself.
- Add sugar and cook for 2 mts
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Cooking time for each cooker differs so try to cook dal using your own judgement.
- Use home made or store bought garam masala.
Not Available Related Recipe !
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
surendra vora :
5 January 2017
i followed your recipie to make doodhi chane ki dal it came out very nice, but now i can not find the recepie. pl enlighten me. your recepies are very good and easy to follow.
Mark R. :
7 July 2015
Delicious recipe! I mixed in at the end 1tbsp sweetened grated coconut instead of sugar. Very tasty. I will be making this again for sure