Weather its a one of the lazy weekend or cool rainy day and not in a mood to cook rice, roti, sabzi but looking for something quick yet spicy, tasty and chatpata then what else would great dish? Sev curry aha a lovely combination of spicy red curry topped up with sev and served with pav or bread! It makes a perfect meal!
Preparation time : 25 mts
Cooking time : 20 mts
Serves : 4 people
- 1 Big Onion sliced
- 4 tsp dry grated Coconut
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tomato diced
- 1 tsp Goda Masala
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Bhavnagari Sev
- Heat up pan on a medium high and dry roast coconut til it gets light golden color.
- Take out coconut and add a tsp of oil and add chopped garlic and saute until garlic gets nice golden color.
- Then add sliced onion and cook till it gets light brown color.
- Now add diced tomatoes, onion, coconut, goda masala, garam masala, red chilli powder in to blender and grind to make a smooth paste.
- Heat up oil in a pan or wok and add masala paste, tsp of degi mirch and cook till oil starts to separate from spices
- Add water, salt to taste and bring it to boil. Now rassa or curry is ready.
- Take curry in to a deep bowl or dish, add sev and chopped coriander leaves and serve with bread or pav!
- Use thick sev and not thin sev otherwise sev will get dissolved in curry.
- Add sev just 5 mts before serving.
- Prepare this masala in bulk, keep it frozen and use whenever required to make any kind of curry. This curry tastes with and type of non veg like chicken, mutton, fish.