Mixed sprouts curry is a healthy and protein packed dish. Variety of sprouts are cooked together to make it in to a spicy curry based dish. Its really tempting and tongue tickler at any time....
Preparation time : 20 mts
Cooking time : 30 mts
Serves : 3 to 4 people
- Mixed Sprouts
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- pinch of Hing
- 1 tbsp grated Garlic
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 cup Fresh grated Coconut
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Tomato finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Jaggery /Gudh/ Gul
How to sprout beans
- Take each type of bean in a separate bowl. Rinse them separately.
- Then soak them separately in enough water overnight.
- In the morning drain off all excess water from beans, cover the bowl with a damp cloth and put the bowl of beans at dark place.
- Be sure to add splash of water over beans in between. This will help to keep beans moist.
- It will take 2 to 3 days for beans to sprout.
Process of making Sprouts Curry
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pressure pan. After oil is hot add cumin seeds and let cumin seeds sizzle up.
- Then add hing and mix.
- Add finely chopped onions, mix and cook until onion gets light golden color.
- After onion gets browned, add garlic, mix and cook for a minute.
- After a minute add garam masala, coriander powder, mix well.
- Add grated coconut, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, red chilli powder, mix well and cook until tomatoes soften.
- Add sprouts, water, salt, jaggery, mix well.
- Cover and cook until 4 to 5 whistles.
- Serve hot with a slice of bread!