Matar Paneer is a popular NorthÂ IndianÂ dishÂ cooked widely in India. It is easy to prepare and you canÂ adjust spices suitÂ to your taste. Matar Paneer is a real treat especially for vegetarians!
Preparation time : 10 mts
Cooking time : 30 mts
Serves : 4 to 6 people.
- 250 gms paneer
- Onion puree of 2 onions
- 1 Tomato puree
- Oil 6 tsp
- 1/2 cup frozen Green peas
- Whole garam masala
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp kasoori Methi
- Salt to taste
- Butter 2 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan. Add whole garam masala and onion puree. Sprinkle some salt and fry till onions turn brown.
- When onions start to change its color add ginger garlic paste and fry for one minute.
- Keep it stirring continuously. When onion starts to become dry add coriander powder and cumin powder.
- After all the moisture from onions evaporates add red chilli powder and cook it till oil starts loosing out from spices.
- Now add tomato puree, add few drops of water, cover it cook for one minute.
- Add degi mirch powder its optional. Add kasoori methi powder and mix it well.
- Add green peas and cover it and cook for 1 minute.
- Finally add paneer, water, sprinkle some salt, add butterÂ and cook it covered forÂ 5 minutes on low flame.
- Matar paneer is ready.