Kadhai paneer is one of the most popular Punjabi way of cooking paneer with a delectable mix of onion, tomato, ginger, Green pepper and Garam masala. Very nice and easy recipe. Fresh spice powder gives nice flavor to this dish.
Preparation time : 15 mts
Cooking time : 25 mts
Serves : 4 people
- 2 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1" Cinnamon stick
- 3 Cloves
- 4 Black peppercorns
- 250gms of Paneer
- 4 tsp Oil
- 2 dried Red Chillies
- 1 big Onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 big Tomato finely chopped
- 1 tsp Degi mirch powder
- 1/4 cup Onion Cut in to cubes
- 1/4 cup Bell Pepper cut in to cubes
- Take coriander seeds, cumin seeds, whole spices in blender and grind coarsely.
- Heat oil in a pan add dried red chillies and finely chopped onion and cook till onion becomes translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for 2 mts.
- Add masala powder, mix and cook for 3 to 4 mts.
- Add chopped tomatoes, mix, add red chilli powder, mix and cook till oil separates.
- Add cubed bell pepper, onion, cover and cook for 5 mts.
- Add paneer, mix, cover and cook for 10 mts.
- Kadhai Paneer is ready to serve!
- Cut bell pepper in big chunks.
- Use regular red chilli powder instead of Degi Mirch.