Aloo curry is a very simple, quick and easy to cook which is primarily tomato based gravy. Enjoy this curry with Roti, Chaptai or rice.
- 3 medium size Tomatoes
- 2~3 Green chili
- 4~5 Garlic
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 8-10 Curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 2 large, boiled and peeled Potatoes
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Water
- Chopped Coriander
- Dice the tomatoes. Put the pieces into a blender pot. Add ginger, garlic and green chili to it. Grind all into a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds. Let then pop up.
- Add tomato puree. Mix well. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add curry leaves. You can add these in the tempering too.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Stir well.
- Cook until oil separates out from spices.
- Add Boiled potatoes. Add them whole. Take potato masher and mash the potatoes into big chunks.
- Add salt to taste. Mix well. Let the potatoes get covered with masala.
- Add water. Stir well. Bring it to boil.
- Lower the heat and let the curry simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander. Aloo curry is already.
- It goes perfect with puri. But also it tastes well with paratha, roti, chapati. It goes well with boiled rice or jeera rice too.