Aate ka halwa is a popular North India recipe. Whole wheat flour halwa or aate ka halwa mostly made in Gurudwara as prasad. You can make it on any day as sweet for any celebration. This is so awesome that it just melts in mouth. Do try this easy and simple recipe at home and leave a comment for me. Do not forget to like, share and comment.
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Ghee
- 1/2 cup Aata / Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- To make sugar water, take water in a sauce pan.
- Add sugar and mix well. Let the water come to boil and make sure sugar is completely dissolved in water.
- Keep stirring continuously and bring the water to boil. Keep it aside.
- Add ghee into a pan and wheat flour.
- Mix well and roast the flour on medium heat until it gets deep golden or brown colour.
- Add cardamom powder and lower down the heat.
- Add hot sugar water. Be careful as it splashes out all over.
- Lower down the heat and slowly add water and mix well.
- Stir quickly immediately after adding water so that no lumps of flour will be formed.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat. Stir continuously while cooking.
- Turn off the heat and aate ka halwa is already.
- You can serve it hot or let it cool down completely and serve.
- You can garnish it with dry fruits too.
- While making sugar water we are not looking for any string consistency. Just dissolve sugar in water.
- Do not roast the flour on high heat as it may turn brown quickly and won’t be properly cooked. To avoid that cook wheat flour on medium heat only.