Warm up your tummies during this winter with this healthy packed with lots of iron and protein and very simple tilgul vadi! This is one of the simplest, quickest and easiest recipe. Happy Makar Sankranti, Pongal and Uttarayan!
Preparation time : 5 mts
Cooking time : 10 mts
Serves : 6 to 8 people
- 1 cup Dark Jaggery (Chikkicha Gul)
- 3/4 cup Sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup Roasted crushed peanuts
- 1/8 tsp Cardamom powder
- pinch of Nutmeg powder
- 1 tsp Water
1) Take sesame seeds in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 4 minutes stiring after every two minutes.
2) Take out sesame seeds in to another plate once they are nicely roasted.
3) Add teaspoon of ghee, jaggery in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes stiring after every one minute.
4) Add cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and a teaspoon of water in melted jaggery, stir well.
5) Add crushed peanuts, roasted sesame in jaggery, mix well.
6) Spread this mixture evenly on well greased tray or plate, spread it out evenly by using any bowl, spatula.
7) Make marking using knife ir pizza cutter.
8) Allow it to cool for 30 minutes.
9) Now separate tilgul vadi in to small desired pieces.
1) Microwave setting for each microwave differs, so try to cook it accordingly.
2) Make sure to make use of dark jaggery for this recipe.
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
Sucheta Narayan :
31 January 2016
Hi Madhura Tried this recipe during Sankranti and it came out really well. Your recipes are very easy to follow and the results are good. Thank you so much. Can you please post Ukdiche Modak recipe. Best Wishes
15 January 2016
Hi Madhura, Again Chikkicha Gul is not available in USA, any substitute ?? suggestions welcome. Thanks
7 January 2016
Can I get name and address of persons in pune preparing tilgul jwelery for little baby neela
7 January 2015
Hi Madhura. I am in UK..i can't get chikki cha gul..can I make this with usual kolhapuri gul ?
19 January 2014
Hi Madhura, can you give details about the microwave you are using, how many watts it is?
18 January 2014
hi., where can i get this chikkicha gul in USA?