Whether you have tasted Tilgul poli or not, one with sweet tooth can tell you what a delight it is to have a bite of warmy, little crisp tilgul poli with a comforting flavoring from cardamom and nutmeg. Winter is not just to have soup and rice, try out these Maharashtrian delights this winter, I am sure you gonna love this type of variation in your winter diet menu!
Preparation time : 25 mts
Cooking time : 30 mts
Serves : 2 people
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 cup roasted Peanut powder
- 1/2 cup grated Jaggery / Gul
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- dash of Nutmeg powder
- 1/2 cup Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Maida
- 1/4 cup warm Milk
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Dry roast sesame seeds until it gets deep golden color.
- Put dry roasted sesame seeds in blender and grind to make it in to fine powder.
- Mix together sesame seeds powder and roasted peanut powder with 1/2 cup of grated jaggery.
- For flavoring add cardamom powder and a dash of nutmeg.
- For dough mix together whole wheat flour with maida and salt to taste.
- To that add hot oil and mix well till the time flour mixture turns out crumbly.
- Add warm milk and knead in to little bit of stiff dough.
- Leave dough to rest for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours divide dough in to 4 equal size balls.
- Take stuffing in to microwave safe bowl and warm up for 30 seconds.
- After microwaving stuffing, immediately divide stuffing in to 4 equal size balls.
- Now take one of flour dough, deep it in to dry flour and roll out in to small puri.
- Put the stuffing in the middle of puri and bring all edges together and closes all the edges really good.
- Squeeze out any excess dough.
- Again deep it in to dry flour and roll gently like paratha.
- Roast on skillet on medium to high heat until both the size of poli gets light golden spots.
- Apply ghee or butter.
- This type of stuffing stays good for more than a month, so that you can make stuffing ahead of time and use whenever required.
- Warming up stuffing in microwave helps the jaggery to get warm up and helps to give a little binding to filling.
- If you do not have microwave then you can add few spoons of milk in stuffing to give it binding.
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
14 January 2016
Hi Madhura, Just made gul polis following your recipe. They taste yummy. My kids n family loved to eat. I just took 6 times your measurements like 1.5 cups til, 3 cups jaggery and made 15 awesome gul policy. Thanks a ton!!!
saurabhi sinha :
7 January 2015
Hello Madhura, With a simple way, Nice & very delicious recipes I am learning through your website Thanks a lot,,,,,,
18 June 2013
Hi Madhura, here the heading is Tilgul Poli and picture is also of poli but the video is Tilgul vadi...
18 June 2013
Tried the gulpoli recipe yesterday...they turned out perfect. My husband loves them. Thank you for simplifying it.