Whether you have tasted Tilgul poli or not, one with sweet tooth can tell you what a delight it is to have a bite of warmy, little crisp tilgul poli with a comforting flavoring from cardamom and nutmeg. Winter is not just to have soup and rice, try out these Maharashtrian delights this winter, I am sure you gonna love this type of variation in your winter diet menu!
Preparation time : 25 mts
Cooking time : 30 mts
Serves : 2 people
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 cup roasted Peanut powder
- 1/2 cup grated Jaggery / Gul
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- dash of Nutmeg powder
- 1/2 cup Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Maida
- 1/4 cup warm Milk
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Dry roast sesame seeds until it gets deep golden color.
- Put dry roasted sesame seeds in blender and grind to make it in to fine powder.
- Mix together sesame seeds powder and roasted peanut powder with 1/2 cup of grated jaggery.
- For flavoring add cardamom powder and a dash of nutmeg.
- For dough mix together whole wheat flour with maida and salt to taste.
- To that add hot oil and mix well till the time flour mixture turns out crumbly.
- Add warm milk and knead in to little bit of stiff dough.
- Leave dough to rest for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours divide dough in to 4 equal size balls.
- Take stuffing in to microwave safe bowl and warm up for 30 seconds.
- After microwaving stuffing, immediately divide stuffing in to 4 equal size balls.
- Now take one of flour dough, deep it in to dry flour and roll out in to small puri.
- Put the stuffing in the middle of puri and bring all edges together and closes all the edges really good.
- Squeeze out any excess dough.
- Again deep it in to dry flour and roll gently like paratha.
- Roast on skillet on medium to high heat until both the size of poli gets light golden spots.
- Apply ghee or butter.
- This type of stuffing stays good for more than a month, so that you can make stuffing ahead of time and use whenever required.
- Warming up stuffing in microwave helps the jaggery to get warm up and helps to give a little binding to filling.
- If you do not have microwave then you can add few spoons of milk in stuffing to give it binding.