With Diwali round the corner and friends, relatives pouring in to celebrations, make your Diwali menu complete with these easy to make quick Rava Ladoo. I am sure no one will have patience to gobble up on these melt in mouth sweet ladoos. So cheer up and prepare to surprise your friends and family with these Sweet Diwali Delight !
Preparation time : 5 mts
Cooking time : 10 mts
Serves : 2 to4 people
- 1 cup Rava / Sooji / Semolina
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- pinch of Saffron strands
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp Cashew nuts
- Take sooji in pan, add tbsp of ghe and dry roast over medium heat for 5 mts.
- Remove roasted sooji in separate dish.
- In the same pan add water, sugar, saffron and bring to boil over meium heat.
- Add roasted sooji, mix well, cover and keep for 2 to 3 hours until syrup is soaked well with sooji.
- Add cardamom powder and start to form ladoo balls.
- Garnish with raising or pistachios.
- You may also fry sooji until it gets deep golden color.
- These laoods tastes more good from second day onward once syrup is been well soaked in sooji.
Instant Chakali - Rice Flour
Ragi Ladoo - Kids Recipe
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
30 October 2013
Why does ladoo become hard? for 3 rawa cups how much water should I use? and how much sugar, please suggest milk or water is better?
29 October 2013
For how many days you can preserve this ladoo??
8 October 2013
Hi Madhura, Unfortunately, I was not able to access your site for a few days. Any ways this is such a simple receipe and a must try for Diwali Thank you so much
27 August 2013
Wow, it was simple recipe will try it today, today is my Mangalagaur,so wanted to make something sweet. And last 4 minutes were awesome. Manaswi is cute and yet professional. " recording chalu ahe ka? " she asked in between, so sweet.
26 August 2013
Hey Madhura, The laddoo came out very hard, i think there shud be some problem in my sugar syrup. Can you please share how can i make this laddoo using sweetened condensed milk.
18 July 2013
Hey Madhura, I tried this Rava ladoo , it came out good but they dint retain the ladoo round shape. I allowed the rava to rest in the sugar syrup for 5 hrs so that it gets soaked up and when I made the ladoo they weren't round and neither did it become little hard and retain shape (like how rava ladoo retains its shape and hardens little) ...... wat could be wrong???