Prasadacha Sheera is very popular sweet dish which is almost prepared everywhere on the auspicious occassion and most commonly on the day of Saty Narayan Pooja. This sheera is offered in small cups as a prasad to guests. Very tasty and healthy too!
Preparation time : 5 mts
Cooking time : 25 mts
Serves : 4 people
- 1/2 cup Rawa/Sooji/Semolina
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 2 1/2 cup Hot Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Riped Banana
- Assorted nuts
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 5 to 6 Tulsi Leaves
- Melt 1/4 cup Ghee and add rawa in that.
- Roast rawa very well on a low to medium high heat for 15 to 20 minutes until sooji gets deep golden color.
- Heat up one tbsp ghee in separate pan, to that add all nuts of your choice and roast until it gets little browning around its edges.
- Peel banana and cut in to thin slices.
- Now add banana slices in to roasted nuts and cook banana and nuts together for one minute or until banana slices start to caramelize.
- After sooji gets roasted, lower down the heat and add hot milk in to that.
- Let milk gets absorbed in sooji. Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes so that sooji will turn soft.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Also add banana mixture, cardamom powder, tulsi leaves, mix well, cover and cook over medium heat for 4 to 5 mts.
- Serve hot!
- For flavoring add nutmeg powder while cooking banana pieces.
- For rich taste add 1/4 cup more ghee in sooji.