All you need for this recipe is 10 minutes in your hand, a handful of peanuts and some sugar. Its crunchy, chewy and totally addictive!
Preparation time : 10 mts
Cooking time : 10 mts
Serves : 4 to 6 people
- 1 cup whole roasted skinless peanuts
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1/2 cup Corn Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- Dash of Nutmeg powder
- Dry roast peanuts and remove its peels.
- In a sauce pan mix sugar and water together and bring it to boil.
- Add corn syrup, mix and again cook until it gets light golden color.
- Add cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and mix well.
- Add roasted peanuts, mix well.
- Pour the mixture on to greased plate and spread out evenly using rolling pin.
- Use knife of pizza cutter to cut chikki in to any desired shape.
- Allow it to cook for a while.
- After 20 mts separate out chikki pieces from tray.
Not Available Related Recipe !
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
6 July 2015
Hello Madhura, I just wanted to know if you could use jaggery instead of sugar?
22 October 2014
Could you plz tell me where it would have gone wrong to me.. and what should be right consistency of sugar syrup(like string or softball consistency), while adding the corn syrup. Why it dint turned golden brown like yours.. i have used light corn syrup with little vanilla flavor.. will that be reason for not turning golden color.
20 October 2014
hi madhura i have tried this recipe today.. turned a big disaster... i dont know where it went wrong :( i used corn syrup just right after the sugar syrup reached the consistency. Also after 7 minutes of adding corn syrup it doesnt turn golden brown to me.. it was white in color. It started to melt as soon as i spread in steel plate.