Malai Pedha is an essential part to celebrate any joyous occasion in India. Be its Diwali, Rakhi, Ganpati, somebody got promoted, babies arrival and the list goes on. And sometimes you don't even need any reason to gobble up on these sweet, cute goodness.
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup Milk powder
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Few Saffron strands
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- slivered almonds for garnishing
- Put ricotta cheese in to heavy bottom pan and mix.
- Continue to cook it for 5 to 7 mts.
- Add milk powder and mix well.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, saffron strands and mix well.
- Cook until mixture becomes little bit thick.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Transfer mixture in to separate dish.
- Once the mixture is cool to touch, divide it in to small lemon small size balls.
- And shape that in to small pedha.
- Garnish with almonds!
- Makes about 25 nice size pedhas!