Kharvas is a milk pudding. It is prepared from special milk known as kharavasache milk or colostrums milk. But as it is not available everywhere and whenever we want, let’s learn to make instant kharvas. This is very simple and easy recipe.
- 3/4 cup Thick curd
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 3/4 cup condensed milk / Milkmade
- 2 tsp Corn flour
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- Take thick curd, milk and condensed milk and corn flour.
- Tie regular curd in a clean cloth and drain all the water. This is thick curd. You can also use Greek yogurt.
- Beat the mixture really good. The mixture should be homogenous.
- No lumps of curd should be left behind.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Take a pot that comes with cooker in which we make dal or rice.
- Pour out the mixture into the pot. Sprinkle a little cardamom powder for garnishing.
- You can also add saffron strands for garnishing.
- Take cooker. Put a dish at the bottom and add 1” water above it.
- Put another pot at the bottom and place kharvas mixture pot above it.
- Remove the whistle and close the lid.
- Steam the kharvas on medium heat for about 35-40 minutes.
- Remove the pot from cooker and insert the fork at the center of the kharvas.
- If the fork comes out clean it means kharvas is already.
- Cut it into square pieces.
- If you want you can pour out the whole kharvas like cake.
- Just loosen up from sides and flip over into a dish.
- You can have kharvas as it is. It tastes better when chilled.