Kharavas is a traditional Maharashtrian sweet dish. This is steamed pudding made from colostrum. You can get colostrum in dairy. We are making this kharavas using gudh. Do try this very easy, simple and delicious recipe and write to me. You also can like, share and subscribe.
- 250 ml Chik / Colostrum / Lactating cow’s milk
- 1/4 cup Whole milk
- 1/4 cup Gudh / Jaggery
- 10~12 Saffron strands
- A pinch of cardamom powder
- A pinch of nut meg powder
- Take colostrums into a bowl and add whole milk, gudh in it.
- You can use sugar instead of gudh.
- Mix well until gudh is dissolved. Add cardamom powder, nut meg powder and mix well.
- Add some saffron strands for garnishing. You can pound the saffron and then add it.
- Pour out the mixture into a pot.
- You can use cooker pot or any steel container with lid too.
- Heat up water in the steamer and put the pot in it.
- Cover the pot with a lid.
- You can use idly cooker or pressure cooker or any pan instead of steamer.
- Heat up the water and put the kharavas pot in it.
- If you are using pressure cooker then do not forget to remove the whistle.
- Close the steamer and steam on medium heat for about 15-20 minutes.
- Take the pot out and insert a tooth pick or knife at the centre.
- If it comes out clean then the kharavas is steamed well.
- Let the kharavas cool down completely.
- Loosen the sides of the kharavas and cut it into any shape you want.
- Kharavas is already.