Kakadiche Sandan is a traditional Maharashtrian sweet dish. It is made from green cucumber coconut, gudh and rava. This delicious dish is steamed. This is prepared in rainy season ad green cucumber is mostly available in this season only. Do try this simple and easy recipe and leave a comment for me. Do not forget to like, share and subscribe.
- 1 cup Grated Green cucumber
- 1/2 cup Gudh / Jaggery
- 1/2 cup Shredded fresh Coconut
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1/2 cup Idly rava
- 1 tsp Dry fruits (Optional)
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp Ghee
- Take 2 medium size green cucumbers and peel them.
- Grate them and tale 1 cup grated cucumber into a bowl.
- Do not throw the water in cucumber.
- You can use cucumber without peeling too.
- Add gudh and mix well. Gudh should dissolve into cucumber.
- When gudh dissolves add shredded coconut. Mix well and keep the mixture aside.
- Heat up a pan on medium heat.
- Add ghee and idly rava.
- Roast the rava for about 2 minutes. You have to heat up the rava a little.
- Turn off the gas and let the rava cool down.
- Add idly rava into the cucumber mixture and mix well.
- Add dry fruits (Almonds and Cashew nuts) and mix well.
- Dry fruits are optional. You can skip dry fruits if you want.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Cover and rest the mixture for an hour.
- Take 6” cake tin. Put a butter paper at the bottom of it and grease the tin well with ghee.
- Mix the cucumber mixture and pour it into the tin and spread it evenly.
- Add few slices of almonds. Almonds are optional. You can skip adding almonds if you want.
- Preheat about 1” water in the bottom pot of the steamer.
- Put cake tin in the upper pot.
- Steam the sandan on medium heat for about 25-30 minutes.
- Turn off the gas and take the tin out.
- Let it cool down for about 10-15 minutes.
- Loosen the sides of the tin and flip it over in a dish.
- Remove the wax paper and slip the sandan over.
- Cut sandan into pieces and sandan is already.
- If you want to make idly rava at home, wash rice really good and dry them completely. When rice is completely dry, grind them into blender. Make rava from it and not fine powder or flour. Sieve the rava once before using.
- Tyr to avoid using not stick pan while roasting any type of rava. Non stick pan may get scratched due to coarse texture of rava.