Nice delicious Ganpati Festival delicacy !
Preparation time : 15 mts
Cooking time : 20 mts
Serves : 4 people
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour / Maida
- 3 tsp Rawa / Soji/Cream of wheat
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp Oil
- 2 cups frozen shredded Coconut
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Khoya / Mawa
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 tsp Ghee
- Oil for frying
To make dough
- Heat up 2 tsp oil in a pan.
- Take all purpose flour, soji, salt, mix well and add hot oil, mix by using spoon.
- Keep on adding small amount of water at a time and start to knead th dough.
- Knead the dough till it becomes stiff but yet little bit soft.
- Cover the dough and keep for 30 mts.
For filling -
- Heat up pan on a medium heat, add coconut and cook for 4 to 5 mts.
- Add sugar, dry fruits, mix and coo for 2 mts.
- Add khoya, mix and add cardamom powder and mix well.
To make Modak -
- Take a tsp of oil and again knead dough to make it soft.
- Take a small ball from the dough and roll like a thin poori.
- Add the filling and start to close edges by making small folds and gather it at center and close to form a small peak.
Now deep fry all modak till it gets nice golden color.
- Close edges of Modak nicely otherwise all filling may come out while frying the modak.
- Dont cook filling for longer time otherwise it will become dry
Not Available Related Recipe !
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
Deepa Kotasthane :
22 October 2013
hi madhura, nice to watch your video.. i will try modak today. Ankhin ek saangay che hote,tujhi mulgi khub gode aahes may god bless her my husband is from sholapur and i am brought up in Bhopal(both are mahrashtrian)..so many dishes I dont know how to cook...like jwarichi bhakri,poli of..typical solapur paatern? I am trying jwarichi bhakri after learning from your video...but it will take time to come up with the perfect one, as liked by my hubby. Keep posting good receipes like this.Thanks
9 September 2013
"HAPPY GANESH CHATURTHI" to u & ur family. I preapred this modak it turned out very well. Thank u for this woderful recipe.
Shubha Mondkar :
4 September 2013
Hi Madhura! I just love your site.I have learnt a lot.Thankyou.I would like you to post a complete menu of Ganesh Chathurthi,no onion no garlic.Please.
28 August 2013
your modak i want to eat