Here's an inexpensive way of introducing mascarpone Cheese in your recipes. Needs just two ingredients and a bit of patience to let the cream set.
8 Oz Heavy Whipping Cream
1 tbsp Vinegar
- Pour heavy cream in to a sauce pan and bring that to a boil.
- Add vinegar in to cream once that comes to a boil.
- You will see cream will get a bit of thickening,
- Now turn the heat off.
- Now put the saucepan in to ice cold water.
- Allow it to sit for 15 to 20 mts.
- Now line a sieve with a cheesecloth.
- Put one empty bowl underneath the strainer.
- Now pour cream in to cheesecloth.
- Cover the cream and put that in to refrigerator for 24 hours.
- After 24 hour the cream will set and you will get little bit of whey from the cream in to the bowl that you placed below the strainer.
- Use to make desserts or pastas!
- Make sure that you heat the cream over medium heat.
- Continue to stir it to avoid sticking to the pan.