Coconut burfi has lots of flavour from ground coconut, mawa and is subtly scented with cardamom powder. This is the easy way to make coconut burfi, no need to make sugar syrup
- 1 1/2 cup Grated coconut
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- Mawa 1/2 cup
- Ghee 2 tsp
- Almonds for garnishing
- Heat heavy bottom pan on a medium high. Add grated coconut and fry till raw smell goes away, for around 8 to 10 mts.
- Once coconut gets cooked add sugar, mix and keep stiring continuously till the coconut is well incorporated with the sugar and the mixture starts to thicken up.
- Now add khoya and cardamom powder. Mix well and finally add ghee and cook till mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Grease the tray with ghee or butter and pour the mixture in to tray. Press well to make it even from all the sides. Chill for 1 hour.
- Once cooled cut square or diamond shaped burfi.