Carrot burfi is a delicious Indian dessert that has a awesome flavor of carrots cooked in milk. It can be easily prepared at home without much preparation.
- Grated Carrots - 4 cups
- Milk - 1 cup
- Sugar - 3 cups
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk powder
- Heavy whipping cream - 1 cup
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Almonds for garnishing
- 2 tsp chopped cashew nuts
- 2 tsp raisins
- Wash, peel and grate carrots. Heat pan on medium high and add 4 tsp ghee or butter, add grated carrots and saute for 5 mts.
- Add milk and sugar and cook for 10 mts.
- Add dry fruits, mix, cover and cook for 5 mts.
- Add milk powder, mix, add whipping cream, mix and cook till all the moisture from mixture evaporates.
- Add cardamom powder, mix.
- Grease tray with butter or ghee, pour carrot mixture in a tray, garnish with almond and wait till it gets cool down completely.
- Cut in to desired shapes.