Vada Pav, bas nam hi kafi hain ;) an awesome snack from Mumbai, which is goes just well during heavy rain. This is very tasty, filling and yummy snack to have at any time, anywhere and any number of times :)
Preparation time : 25 mts
Cooking time : 30 mts
Serves : 4 to 6 people
- 5 to 6 cloves of Garlic
- 1" piece of Ginger
- 6 to 7 Green Chillies
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- Pinch of Hing
- 7 to 8 Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 3 boiled Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped Coriander leaves
- 1 cup Besan
- 2 tbsp Rice Flour
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- pinch of Baking Soda
- Boil, peel and mash potatoes in small bites.
- Mix ginger, garlic and green chillies together in to a blender and grind coarsely.
- Heat up oil, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing, curry leaf and coarse ginger garlic paste. Saute until it gets light golden color.
- Add turmeric powder, mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Add salt, lemon juice and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Take besan, to that add rice flour, turmeric powder, chilli powder, baking soda, salt to taste and mix well.
- Add water slowly and make it in to little thick consistency batter.
- Make small balls from potato mixture, deep in to chickpea batter and deep fry until it gets deep golden color from all the sides.
- Serve hot with pav and garnish with some peanut chutney, tamarind or mint chutney.
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
28 July 2015
Hi Madhura!! My vada tastes good, however the coating always splits!! and the filling comes out while frying.. can you pl give a tip to save it ?? Your recipes are good!! love the misal pav and all other authentic maharashtrian recipes you share
15 July 2015
Nice recipes by you.Please explain in Hindi.
31 May 2015
HI MADHURA, I HAVE MADE MANY OF YOU RECIPES AND THEY WERE REALLY GOOD. I HOPE YOU POST LOTS OF NEW RECIPES FOR EVERYONE TO TRY OUT.
20 March 2015
Hi Madhura. I tried this recipe today and the vadas came out very well and tasted awesome. Thank you so much. I have followed many of your recipes and all have tasted so good. Thanks to you.
16 March 2014
Hello Madhura, I love your recipes and frequently refer to it when I want to make somethign new. I am from Mumbai but currently living in USA. My husband and I miss the Mumbai street food. So, I made vada pav with peanut-garlic chutney. It was very tasty. Thanks for posting the recipe I will be trying the thalipeeth very soon. Keep up the good work.
LUIZA KOTIAN :
11 March 2014
HI MAM I REALYY LIKE YR RECEIPE I HAVE BEEN SITTING WHOLE DAY AND JUUST TAKING PRINT OF MY FAVOURITE RECEIPT THKS AL LOTE LOVE Y
18 October 2013
Madhura, I would like clarify that by soya bean I mean the real beans not chunks Thank you
18 October 2013
Hi Madhura, Can you post some receipes for soyabean curry and soyabean cutlets? thank you so much for all your receipes.