Vada Pav, bas nam hi kafi hain ;) an awesome snack from Mumbai, which is goes just well during heavy rain. This is very tasty, filling and yummy snack to have at any time, anywhere and any number of times :)
Preparation time : 25 mts
Cooking time : 30 mts
Serves : 4 to 6 people
- 5 to 6 cloves of Garlic
- 1" piece of Ginger
- 6 to 7 Green Chillies
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- Pinch of Hing
- 7 to 8 Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 3 boiled Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped Coriander leaves
- 1 cup Besan
- 2 tbsp Rice Flour
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- pinch of Baking Soda
- Boil, peel and mash potatoes in small bites.
- Mix ginger, garlic and green chillies together in to a blender and grind coarsely.
- Heat up oil, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing, curry leaf and coarse ginger garlic paste. Saute until it gets light golden color.
- Add turmeric powder, mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Add salt, lemon juice and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Take besan, to that add rice flour, turmeric powder, chilli powder, baking soda, salt to taste and mix well.
- Add water slowly and make it in to little thick consistency batter.
- Make small balls from potato mixture, deep in to chickpea batter and deep fry until it gets deep golden color from all the sides.
- Serve hot with pav and garnish with some peanut chutney, tamarind or mint chutney.