Upasachi kachori is one of the numerous dishes that are prepared when people are fasting or having vrat/upas. Its is very delicious, crispy and crunchy. Just follow the recipe and I am sure you will fall for these Kachoris again and again.
For Kachori Filling / stuffing
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Jeera
- 1" Ginger shredded
- 2 Green Chillies Chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded coconut
- 1 tsp Cashew nuts
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- Salt and Sugar to taste
- 1/2 cup Coriander Leaves
For Cover or coating of Kachori
- 1 large Potato boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup Varai Flour/ Samo seeds flour
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp coarsely ground sabudana / tapioca
To make stuffing
- Heat ghee in to a pan.
- After the ghee is heated add cumin seeds and let them sizzle up.
- Then add green chilli, ginger and mix well.
- Add cumin powder and mix well.
- Add shredded coconut, cashew nuts and mi well.
- Cook for 4 to 5 mts.
- Then add salt and sugar to taste and mix.
- Turn of the heat and take out the mixture in to mixie pot.
- To that add coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Blend to make that in to a coarse paste.
- Stuffing is ready!
To make coating or cover of the kachori
- First take some samo seeds / vrat ke chawal/ varai in to a mixie pot and grind to make that in to a fine powder.
- Likewise put sabudana / tapioca in to blender and grind to make it coarse powder.
- Boil potatoes, peel them and mash them very well.
- In the mashed potatoes, put varai flour, salt to taste and mix well.
- Knead that to make it in to a stiff dough.
To assemble Kachori
- Take spoonful of stuffing mixture and roll that to make it in to small ball.
- Keep all the ball ready from chutney stuffing.
- Now take big spoonful of mixture from cover dough.
- Flatten it out between your palms.
- Stuff the filling bowl and cover and close that up.
- Now roll the stuffed kachori ball in to coarse sabudana mixture.
- Deep fry the prepared kachoris on a low heat until nice and brown from all the sides.
- Serve hot with chutney or kethcup!
- The kachori stays nice and crispy up to 4 to 5 hours.
- If you want you can flavor the cover of kachori by adding some green chillies and cumin seeds n to cover dough.
Not Available Related Recipe !
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
22 April 2016
V good recipe I tried pharaoh Patice liked by all at home thanks
21 April 2016
Hi, Love your sight, enjoying making food with your recipes, I have subscribe your sight via e mail, I do not get your e mail please add me on your e mail list . Thank you.
Uma Kulkarni :
27 July 2015
Hello Madhura, A very teasty receipee. Thank you.
Dipti Rajkumar :
23 December 2014
Hi Madhura..I just love your recipes <3 What substitute can I use for Samo seed flour?
28 September 2014
28 September 2014
Wow Madhura, this one is looking really yummy. Will surely try this soon. Thanks.