Ukadpendi is a traditional and versatile recipe. This is lesser known recipe as very few people know and prepare it. This can be breakfast or dinner too. This is easy and quick recipe. Let’s learn to make healthy recipe, ukadpendi.
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1/2 cup coarse Wheat flour
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- A pinch of Hing / Asafoetida
- Curry leaves
- 1 medium size finely chopped Onion
- 3 dried Red chillies
- Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- A little Sugar (Optional)
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 1/4 cup Water
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- Heat up ghee in a pan.
- Add wheat flour and roast on medium heat until it turns nice golden.
- Take it out into a dish.
- Heat up oil in a pan.
- When oil is enough hot, add mustard seeds and let them pop up.
- Add cumin seeds and let them sizzle up.
- Add asafoetida, curry leaves, onion and dried red chillies.
- You also can use green chillies too.
- Mix well and fry until onion turns soft. Do not make onion brownish.
- Add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add roasted wheat flour and mix well with onion.
- Add salt to taste. You can add sugar if you want.
- Mix well. No lumps of wheat flour should be formed.
- Add curd and water. Mix well quickly.
- You can make ukad thick or runny according to your taste.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
- While serving take out ukad into a dish and add oil. Knead ukad and serve.