Navaratri special fasting recipe – Suranacha Kis. This the another traditional and delicious recipe. Just be careful while buying suran as it may cause itching in your hands or throat. This is a healthy recipe as suran is full of vitamins. Here is Suranacha kis.
- 250 gms grated Suran
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- Chili-ginger paste (1~2 chilies and 1/2” ginger)
- Roasted peanut powder
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- While buying suran look for a pink color suran.
- Also before cutting or grating soak the suran in tamarind water or in kokam water.
- It will help to reduce itching.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add chili ginger paste. Fry for a minute.
- Add suranacha kis. Stir well.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the lid, mix well and cook again for 3-4 minutes.
- Add roasted peanut powder, sugar, salt and lemon juice.
- Stir well and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Suranacha kis is ready to serve.