Spring Onion Paratha is very good alternative to your regular stuffed parathas. It tastes really great with coriander chutney or mint chutney. It makes perfect meal for kids for tiffin box or morning snacks.
- Whole What flour
- Salt for taste
- Roasted Cumin powder
- Chat masala
- Chopped green chilies
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Shredded Carrot
For making dough
- Take whole wheat flour in the bowl, add salt and mix
- Add water to make it into soft dough like chapati dough
- Take 2~3 drops of oil and coat dough with oil.
- Rest it for 15~20 mins
For making paratha stuffing
- Add spring onion in the bowl and add shredded carrot
- Spice it up with roasted cumin powder, chat masala, chopped green chilies, black pepper and Garlic powder and mix
- Paratha Stuffing is ready
For making paratha
- Take bowl, add some oil and kneed it one more time
- Break dough into equal size balls.
- Take one of the ball, sprinkle some flour on rolling board and roll it like plain chapati/roti
- Put roti directly on slit and cook one side of the roti
- Then add stuffing at the centre of the roti. Make sure to keep some sides open to seal its edges
- Seal the edges of the roti and flip it and cook it from other side.
- Cook remaining side of the paratha and make sure its cooked from all sides
- Cut paratha into half and spring onion paratha is ready to serve
Another way of making paratha
- Take another dough ball and roll it like roti
- Add stuffing at center of the roti leaving edges open to seal it into paratha
- Cook paratha on slit from all sides.
- Spring onion paratha is ready to serve