With Diwali round the corner I am sure everybody must be busy looking for Diwali savories / faral. So here's the start with this crispy, crunch and yet very soft like nan-katai delicacy. No need to wait for Diwali time can prepare at any time of the year.Its a good tea time snack and has good shelf life, can gobble up on it at any time of the day :)
Preparation time : 15 mts
Cooking time : 30 mts
Serves : 2 people
- 1/4 cup Ghee or butter
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 milk
- 1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- Oil for frying
- pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Sooji
- Take milk and ghee in to microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
- Add sugar to the above mixture and stir well.
- After this mixture cools down start adding all purpose flour and start kneading the dough to make very soft but little bit stiff dough.
- Now cover and keep the dough for 30 mts.
- Make small balls from the dough and roll like thick paratha.
- Reomve the edges by using knife or pizza cutter.
- Now cut in to desired shape and deep fry till it gets light brown color.
Store in air tight container or zip lock bag once it cools down.
- Proportion for maida is not exact you may or may not need to add some extra flour.
- Roll shankarpali little bit thicker for delicious bites.