Very healthy, low in fat, nutritious breakfast dish for kids as well as for all. This is a combination of lightly roasted sevai with veggies like carrot, green peas and with the crunchy addition of roasted peanuts. Tastes simply great with dollop of ghee or lemon juice over it!
Preparation time : 10 mts
Cooking time : 20 mts
Serves : 4 people
- 1 cup Sevai
- 1 1/2 cup Boiled Water
- 2 tbsp chopped Garlic
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- pinch of Hing
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 4 to 5 Curry Leaves
- 1/4 cu Roasted Peanut powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Green peas 2 tsp
- Carrots 2 tsp
- Take sevai in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Take it out, stir and again microwave for 1 1/2 minute stirring after every 30 seconds.
- Heat up oil, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, pinch of hing, chopped garlic and cook till garlic gets light brown color.
- Add chopped onion, curry leaves, green chillies and cook till onion becomes soft.
- Add turmeric powder, mix and then add roasted sevai and mix well.
- Add boiled water, salt and sugar, cover and cook till all the water gets absorbed.
- Add roasted crushed peanuts, mix and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with a dollop of ghee and lemon juice.
- To save time use already roasted sevai.
- Cooing time for each microwave differs, so cook accrodingly.