Makhana is lotus seed which is healthy. Roasted makhana are crispy snack that can be good tea time snack or any time snack. This is very easy and simple recipe. Do try it and drop me a comment. You also can like, share and subscribe.
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- A pinch of Hing / Asafetida
- 2~3 chopped Green chilies
- 8-10 Curry leaves
- 2 tbsp Raw peanuts
- 1 tbsp Roasted Chana dal
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 cups Makhana / Lotus seeds
- Salt to taste
- Heat up oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and let them pop up.
- Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add hing, green chillies, curry leaves and fry for about 30-40 seconds.
- Add peanuts and cook for about a minute.
- Add roasted chana dal and cook for about a minute.
- Add turmeric powder and cook for about a minute.
- Add makhana and mix well.
- Fry on medium heat for about 6-7 minutes or until makhana get nice crisp and crunch.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Salted makhana are already.
- When makhana cool down completely store these in an airtight container.