This is a slight variation to sabudana vada. During childhood we used to eagerly waiting for fasting days, so that we can relish on these Fasting Food delicacies :) hmmm Maharashtrian Fasting food is loaded with lots of calories, in fact you can really have treat during a fast :) Enjoy this another delicious recipe!
- Salt to taste
- Ghee or Butter
- Chopped coriander leaves
- 1 cup Sabudana / sago seeds
- 1 small potato boiled and mashed
- Coarse paste of green chillies and cumin
- Roasted peanut powder
- Wash and soak sabudana in enough water for 30 mts. After 1/2 hour drain excess water, cover and keep it overnight. In the morning add few splashes of water, cover and keep for 1 hour.
- Mix green chiilies and cumin seeds and make a coarse paste.
- Mix soaked sabudana, chilli paste, coriander leaves, salt, roasted peanut powder, boiled potato together and make a soft dough. (add few splashes of water if required)
- Take any plastic thin, make a small ball from the dough, sprinkle few drops of water on plastic thin, place the dough and just press it in round shape by hand.
- Heat pan on a medium high, add some oil and place thalipeeth and roast till it gets nice golden color from both the sides.
- Serve hot with yogurt, chutney or sauce!