Sabudana papdi is a very simple and easy recipe. This is summer special recipe and we have to sundry it. Usually sabudana papdi is fried and eaten specially during fasting. But you can have this on any other day too. This is a good snack option. Let’s learn to make sabudana papdi.
- 1/2 cup Sabudana
- 1 Finely chopped Green chili
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- Oil for frying
- Take sabudana and wash it really good.
- Soak it in enough water for 1 hour. After 1 hour drain excess water. Cover and soak it over night.
- In the morning, take soaked sabudana.
- Add green chili, salt to taste and cumin seeds and mix well.
- These ingredients are optional.
- Take idly patra. Grease each idly mould with oil really good.
- Add some sabudana in each mould and spread it with hand. Make single and thin layer.
- Heat up 1” water in idly patra and transfer the idly stand in it.
- Steam the apadi on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, turn off the gas and let the papdi be in the cooker for more 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, take it out and remove papdi from mould. Loosed up side and take it out into a plate.
- Sundry papdi under hot sun for 2-3 days.
- Let the papdi sundry for 4-5 hours and then flip it over.
- Let it dry from another side as well. Sabudana papdi is already.