Sabudana batata chakali is a summer special or valvan recipe. Mostly these are eaten during fasting. This can be a good variation during fasting who get bored of having khichadi or sabudana vada. These are fried snacks and can have on other times as well. Let’s see how to make sabudana batata chakali.
- 1 cup Sabudana / Sago seeds
- 2 small boiled Potatoes
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- Take sabudana and wash it really good under water for 3-4 times.
- Soak it in enough water for an hour. After an hour, drain all the water.
- Cover and let it soak overnight.
- Next morning take soaked sabudana. Take 3 small potatoes and boil them.
- Great the boiled potatoes into sabudana. Mix sabudana and grated potatoes well together.
- Add red chili powder, cumin seeds and salt to taste. Mix well and knead into dough.
- If you find the sabudana a little dry, add some water and knead again.
- Take chakali sacha and fit chakali chakati or attachment in it.
- Take small ball of dough and fill it into chakali sacha.
- Roll out chakali. You can make about 35 chakali from 1 cup sabudana and 3 potatoes.
- Sundry chakali under hot sun for 2 days. After drying for 4-5 hours, flip over and dry from other side as well.
- If you don’t have enough sunlight, then you can dry chakali in house under fan too.
- Sabudana chakali is already.
- If chakali break while rolling or you find dough dry, then add little water, knead the dough again and roll out chakali.