Pav bhaji is all time favorite. Kids just love it. This is a very popular Indian street food. Mashed vegetables cooked in spices. This tastes simply yummy. Let’s prepare pav bhaji.
- 7 small Potatoes
- 1 cup Finely chopped Green pepper
- 1 cup Finely chopped Cauliflower
- Frozen peas
- 1/4 cup grated Carrot (Optional)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 big finely chopped Onion
- 2 small finely chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Pav bhaji masala
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- In a cooker jar take potatoes. In another jar take green pepper, cauliflower, green peas and carrot (Optional).
- Add a bit water in potatoes and 1/2 glass water in the vegetables.
- Take 1” water in pressure cooker. Put potato jar first and the vegetable jar into the cooker.
- Close the lid and cook on medium heat until 2-3 whistles.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion. Cook on medium heat for 7-8 minutes until onion turns nice pink.
- Add tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, pav bhaji masala and kashmiri chili powder. Mix well.
- Add 2 tbsp butter. Cook until tomatoes are cooked well. Add sugar.
- Mash the boiled veggies. Peel the potatoes and grate them into mashed veggies.
- You can mash the veggies and potatoes together.
- Mix the mashed veggies and potato well.
- Add the mashed veggies into the onion tomato masala.
- Add salt and mix well. Add 1 tbsp butter.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove the lid and mix well. Pav bhaji is ready to serve.
- Serve with buttered and roasted bread, finely chopped onion and coriander leaves.