Moong dal pakoda is a street food. These are prepared from moong dal and are mildly spiced. These can be a good tea time or evening snack. These fritters are crisp from outside and soft inside. So let’s prepare delicious, mouth watering moong dal pakode.
- 1/2 cup Moong dal
- 1 Green Chili
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Turmeric powder
- Red chili powder
- Finely chopped Onion
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Wash the moong dal and soak in water for 6 hours.
- Drain all the water and put the soaked dal in a blender pot.
- Add chilli, garlic. Blend the dal into a course mixture. Don’t blend it into fine paste.
- Take the batter into another bowl. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, onion, coriander leaves and salt.
- Mix well and give it a standing time of 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Drop pakodas in hot oil with the help of a spoon.
- Fry until the pakodas turn deep golden.
- Flip over with the help of a fork and let them fry from another side as well.
- Take the pakodas out of the oil and put them on the tissue paper.
- These pakodas go well with some green chutney or tomato sauce. You can have them as it is.