Maharashtra's most most popular breakfast dish! This is very tasty, zesty, spicy, lip smacking, mouthwatering!!!! It's a must try recipe!
- 2 Big Onions sliced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Whole Garam Masala
- 6 Cloves
- 6 Black Peppercorns
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 4 tsp Grated Coconut
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 2 dried red chillies soaked in oil overnight
- Farsan / Hot mix
- Onion finely chopped
- Tomato finely chopped
- Corriandar leaves
- Matkichi bhaji ( refer my video)
- Aloo sabji ( refer my video)
- First Grind whole garam masala, soaked red chillies and garlic together in a blender.
- Roast the coconut untill it gets light golden color.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan add crushed garlic and masala paste. Saute till nice aroma from the spices come out. After that add sliced onion and fry till it gets brown color.
- Now mix fried onion, tomato, roasted coconut, red chilli powder in a blender. Grind till it becomes smooth paste.
- Heat 6 tsp oil in a pan. Add masala paste and fry till oil starts loosing out from the spices. Cover it with lid and cook for 7 mts.
- After 7 mts add degi mirch and cook for another 3 to 4 mts.
Add water and salt and bring it to boil. Curry is ready now.
- First spread the layer of matkichi bhaji, then aloo sabji followed by poha. Pour some curry over it.
- Spread farsan over the mixture. Then onion, tomato and corriandar leaves.
- Finally pour curry. Misal is ready now. Serve this with bread and extra curry.
Vegetable Fried Rice
Misal Pav Latest
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
16 June 2014
Hi Madhura!! Mi tujhya recipes nehmich baghat aste aani mala tya khoop avadtat. majhya kade Papad ghari valavnyachi kahi soye nahi..jar tujhya kade kahi idea asel tar please mala suggest kar.. Please reply me soon.....thank you
16 May 2014
Hi Madhura, I tries this recipe out .. it turned out really great. however the sauce I made it really mild ... Thank you for a great recipe
HARISH NAIR :
4 March 2014
Thanks Madhura for these wonderful recepies online. It is of great help for me that I can make all whenever I want, specially Misal Pav & Matki Usal.
14 February 2014
19 January 2014
Thank u Madhura for posting the recipe. With minor variations in terms of quantity of ingrrdients based on my family's likeliness...recipe turned out best for me. I didnt use poha and potato as I am not fond of them in misal. Also instead of goda masal i used kala masala and misal was perfect to enjoy with wheat brown bread ( steamed). Thanks again for sharing flavoursome recipe.
17 January 2014
Tried this recipe....very delicious. Thanks for sharing !!
Peter Fernandes :
8 December 2013
Thank you So much for this Maharashtra dish
20 October 2013
Just tried this receipe and it came out very very nice. Excellent,Superb receipe.Thanks thanks thanks from me and my husband.
19 July 2013
hey madhura, just tried your receipe of misal pav and it came out very well... keep up the good work... and all the best!!
11 July 2013
Dearest madhura, thnx a ton for this recipe. It turned out so nice. Curry was superhit.