Methi muthiya ia a popular Gujarathi snack recipe. These are deep or shallow fried dumplings made from fresh fenugreek, besan and a few spices. These are also used in undhiyo. A very easy and healthy snack option when steamed and shallow fried. Give it a try and write to me.
- 1 1/2 cup Methi / Fenugreek leaves
- 1/2 cup Besan / Chick pea flour
- 1/2 cup Wheat flour
- 1 tbsp White sesame seeds
- A pinch of Baking soda
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Green chili paste
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Take fenugreek leaves and wash these really good.
- Chop fenugreek finely and take these into a dish.
- Add besan, wheat flour, turmeric powder, green chili paste, ginger paste, sugar, oil, white sesame seeds, baking soda and salt.
- You can add grated ginger too.
- Mix everything well together.
- Try to press it while mixing.
- Add very little water and knead the dough. 1- 2 tsp water will be sufficient.
- When the dough is well kneaded make small balls from it.
- Roll the balls round and then give oval shape.
- Do not make bigger balls. Keep bite size.
- Heat up oil in a pan. When oil is enough hot drop muthiya in it.
- Fry on medium heat until muthiya get nice golden color from all sides.
- Take muthiya out into a dish.
- Muthiya are already.
- You can rub salt to chopped fenugreek and rest it a while. Squeeze water from it to reduce the bitterness.
- If you press and mix the dry ingredients, it helps to release the moisture if any in fenugreek and mixes with flour. The dough doesn’t become thin later.
- You can steam and shallow fry the muthiya if you don’t want to deep fry these.
- You can directly shallow fry these. You also can shallow fry methi muthiya in appe patra.