Masala Puri is a classic breakfast or evening snack that tastes awesome with hot cup of tea! Puris are whole wheat bread that are fried, and usually puff up in the process. Typical side dish it is served with pickle or dry curry. Very good snack food to carry when traveling out!
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 Cup Gram Flour / Besan
- 1/2 tsp Carom Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Corriandar Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan
- Mix all purpose flour and besan in a mixing bowl.
- To that add all dry spices red chilli powder, coriander powder, crushed cumin and carom seeds, turmeric powder, salt to taste and mix it well with flour.
- Now add hot oil over this dry mixture. Wait till oil cools down.
- Now start kneading the dough by using small amount of water at a time. knead into a soft yet slightly stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into one inch diameter balls, and roll them out flat with a rolling pin to about 2 millimeter thick. Deep fry each of these and drain in a paper-towel lined plate.