Malvani or kombdi vade is konkan special recipe. This is made from mixed flour and is usually served chicken or mutton. Do try the simple recipe at home. This recipe has been shared by a chef in hotel Malvani katta in Malvan. Do not forget to like, comment, share and subscribe.
- 1 cup Rice flour
- 1/4 cup Wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Jawar flour
- 1/2 tsp Methi powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup Water
- Oil for frying
- In a dish take rice flour.
- Add wheat flour, jawr flour, methi powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Mix everything well together.
- Add a little water at a time and knead dough.
- The consistency of the dough should semi soft. It should neither be soft not thick.
- Take an aluminium foil and grease it with oil.
- You also can use plastic bag instead of aluminium foil.
- Take a medium size dough ball from dough. Make it nice and smooth.
- Roll vada on foil with hand.
- Heat up oil in a pan. When oil is enough hot, drop vada in it.
- Press the vada a little immediately after adding in hot oil. This will help the vada to puff up.
- When vada puffs up and floats over oil, flip it over.
- Fry from both sides until it gets golden color from both sides.
- Take the vada out of oil and transfer it into a dish.
- Malvani vade are already.
- While frying any puri, the oil should be a little hoter. This helps puri to puff up nicely and float on oil. If the oil is not enough hot, puri won’t puff up nicely. Same goes with this vada.