Dosa is a popular south Indian dish. This can be breakfast, lunch or dinner too. Important step in making dosa is to make its batter. Do try this crispy, crunchy dosa and leave a comment for me. Do not forget to like, share and subscribe.
- 2 1/2 cups Rice
- 1 cup Urad dal
- 1/2 cup Poha / Flattened rice
- 1 tbsp Chana dal
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- Salt to taste
- Take rice into a bowl and wash it really good with water 3-4 times.
- Add enough water and soak it for about 4-5 hours.
- Take urad dal, chana dal and fenugreek seeds into a bowl and wash them really good with water.
- Add enough water and soak dal for about 4-5 hours.
- Soak rice and dal separately.
- Take dal into a blender pot and grind it fine. Add minimum water while grinding.
- Transfer the ground dal into a pot.
- Take pohe and wash them really good. No need to soak the pohe.
- Blend rice and pohe together fine. Do not keep it coarse.
- Take the ground rice and pohe out into the pot containing ground dal.
- Add dalt to taste and mix well.
- Add a little water if required to adjust the consistency. Mix well.
- You can add 1/2 tsp sugar in the batter if you want.
- Cover and ferment the batter for about 10-12 hours or overnight.
- After fermentation mix the batter well.
- If you feel the batter is a little thick you can add water to adjust the consistency.
- Heat up a pan on medium heat and add a little oil on it. Spread the oil well on the pan.
- Add dosa batter at the center of the pan and spread it.
- Roast the dosa on medium heat until it gets nice golden colour.
- Spread a little oil on dosa.
- Take it off the pan and dosa is already.
- You can serve the dosa with coconut chutney, sambar.
- If you want crispier dosa, then increase the quantity of rice and decrease the quantity if dal.
- Chana dal gives nice colour to dosa.
- Pohe give nice net to dosa.
- Sugar gives nice brown colour to dosa.
- If you want to make even dosa, then spread thebatter with a spatula.
- The pan should not be too hot while making dosa. If you add batter on hot pan it wiil turn into lumps immediately adding on pan. Batter will be cooked immediately and you won’t be able to spread the dosa.
- To avoid that, turn off the gas while taking the dosa off the pan, wait for a minute and add next batter for dosa.