Kolhapuri bhadang is a crunchy and spicy, fiery sanck made from murmura, kurmura or churmura. This is a very simple and easy recipe. This is a very low calorie food too. Do try this easy and delicious recipe and leave a comment in the comment box below.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 7~8 Sliced Garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup Peanuts
- Curry leaves
- 2 tbsp Red chili powder
- Puffed rice (Murmure)
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped Onion
- Finely chopped Tomato
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- A slice of Lemon
- Heat up oil in a pan.
- Add sliced garlic and fry for about a minute.
- Add peanuts and curry leaves. Fry until garlic and peanuts get nice red color.
- Lower it down to lowest setting. Add red chili powder and fry for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add puffed rice and mix well until these get nice coating of masala.
- Fry murmure for about 2-3 minutes more so as to make them crispy.
- Turn off the gas and add salt to taste.
- Mix well and bhadang is already.
- While serving take bhadang into bowl, add onion, tomato, coriander and serve with a slice a lemon.
- If you add red chili powder to hot oil, it will quickly over roast. To avoid that turn off the gas and let the oil cool down a little. Add red chili powder and turn on the gas again.
- DO not dry murmure longer as these will shrink. Fry for just about 2-3 minutes to keep these crispy.