Rava toast or sooji toast is a perfect and quick snack recipe. Mixture of rava and veggies of your choice is used ad spread on bread and bread slices are roasted till they are crisp. Addition of veggies makes this healthy too. Let’s learn to make rava toast.
- 3/4 cup Coarse Rava / Semolina
- Finely chopped Green pepper
- Deseeded and finely chopped Tomato
- Red chili powder
- Finely chopped Green chili
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- 2 tsp Curd
- 3~4 tsp Water
- Take rava into bowl and add salt, green pepper, tomato, red chili powder, green chili, coriander leaves, and curd.
- Mix everything well together.
- Add water and mix well. Do not make mixture thin.
- Take bread slices and cut them into half. Spread the mixture evenly on bread from one side.
- Heat up a pan on medium heat. Spread a little oil on skillet.
- Place the bread on pan facing the side having mixture downwards.
- Fry on medium heat until rava gets nice crisp and turns golden for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add a little on other side of the bread and flip them over.
- Fry from other side until it gets nice colour.
- Take out into a dish and rava toast is already.
- The rava mixture should be thick. Or when you spread the mixture, the bread will absorb the moisture and become soggy.
- Use a little thick or dense bread for toast so that they won’t become soggy after spreading rava mixture on it.
- You can use veggies of your choice like grated carrot, finely chopped spinach, cabbage etc to make toast more healthy.