Chakali - A queen of all Diwali delicacies!! I think its hardly to find anybody who doesn't like Chakali. Very crispy and savoury snack prepared all over India during Diwali time. In Maharashtra we prepare chakali by using all kinds of different pulses and we call it as Bhajani. But here its not available so here is the best easy and instant recipe fot chakali.
Preparation time : 10 mts
Cooking time : 20 mts
Serves : 4 to 6 people
- 2 cups Rice Flour
- 1 cup Besan / Gram Flour
- 1 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Carom seeds / Ajwayan
- 1 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 3 tsp hot Oil for dough
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Salt to taste
- First roughly crush cumin seeds and ajwayan together in to blender.
- Heat 3 tsp oil. Take rice flour, besan, add crushed cumin and ajawayan, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, sesame seeds, salt to taste and mix all dry ingredients together.
- Pour hot oil, mix well, now add water and start to knead the dough.
- The consistency of the dough should be like regular chapati dough. Cover and let it sit for 30 mts.
- Deep hand in cold water, take big enough ball from the dough and add in to chakali maker and make chakali in to desired shape.
- Deep fry chakalis till it gets light brown color from both the sides.
- The right consistency of dough is the most important part for this recipe.