Enjoy the taste of Soft Idli - the favorite breakfast of South India... Try this out and send your suggestion in the comment box below...
- 2 cups Rice
- 1 cup Urad dal
- 1 tsp Methi seeds
- 1 cup Pohe
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Take rice into a bowl and wash it really good with water for 2-3 times.
- Add water and soak the rice for 4 hours.
- Take urad dal and add methi seeds.
- Mix well and wash them really good with water 2-3 times.
- Add water and soak for 4 hours.
- Take pohe and wash with water. Soak for just about 5 minutes.
- Take the dal out into a blender pot and add water.
- Blend well into fine paste. Transfer the batter into a pot.
- Take rice and pohe in a blender pot and blend into a little coarse batter.
- Take the rice batter out into the dal batter.
- Take a whisk and mix well for about 4-5 minutes.
- Cover and ferment the batter for 10-12 hours.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Take the idly stand and grease it well with oil.
- Add the batter in each mould and leave some space for idly to puff up.
- Arrange the idly in crisscross pattern.
- It means idly in upper dish should come in between 2 lower idlies.
- Add 1”water in idly cooker and put the idly pot in it.
- Steam the idlies on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes more.
- Take the idly pot out of idly cooker and rest for 5 minutes more.
- Take the idlies out. Idlies are already.
- Serve with hot sambar and khobaryachi chutney.
- Pohe help in making idly nice, soft and spongy. If you don’t want to add pohe, you can use 1/2 cup boiled rice.