Gul papdi is a traditional sweet dish. Wheat flour is roasted and cooked with jaggery and ghee. This can also be any time snack. This is a very healthy recipe especially in winter days. A good option for your kids’ tiffin too. Enjoy easy and simple gul papdi.
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- 1 cup Ghee
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 1 cup Jaggery
- Cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp Nut meg powder
- Heat up a pan on medium heat. Add sesame seeds and roast on medium heat until they get light golden color.
- Grease a tray with ghee and spread the roasted sesame seeds in it.
- In a pan take ghee. Add wheat flour.
- Wheat flour should be a bit coarse. The store bought flour is perfect for this.
- Roast wheat flour on medium heat for about 10-12 minutes.
- Add jaggery, cardamom powder and nut meg powder. Mix well.
- Cook until gudh melts and gets mixed well with wheat flour.
- Do not cook more the 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the gas and pour out the mixture into the tray.
- Spread evenly and let it cool down for about 5 minutes.
- Cut into pieces with knife. Gudh papdi is already.
- This can be any time snack for kids. Also a good option for their tiffin.
- As it has got shelf life of about 3-4 weeks, it can be good travelling snack too.
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
amruta gaikwad :
17 December 2016
pls mala marathit receipe pathava. english mala yet nahi. tumchya receipe khup chan astat. me pan try karte ghari. chan hotat pan marathit vacayala miltil ka? pls