It is one of the most famous Sindhi breakfast recipe. The dal is a simple preparation of chana dal perked up with green chillies, cumin seeds and spice powders; while the pakwan is a deep-fried puri like snack made with a plain flour dough. Enjoy Dal pakwan
- Preparation time : 20 mts
- Cooking time : Â 1 hour
- Serves :Â 2 people
- 1/3 cup split Bengal Gram / split Chana Dal
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 cup Onion finely chopped
- 1 Tomato finely chopped
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- pinch of Hing
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Amchur powder
----- For Pakwan / Puri-------
- 1 1/2 cups Maida
- 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Black Peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- Rinse chana dal in cold water and soak that for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours put soaked dal along with water in pressure cooker.
- To that add finely chopped onion and tomatoes, mix well.
- Now pressure cook dal until 3 to 4 whistles until dal is completely cooked.
- After dal is cooked, mash it a little bit and add some water to adjust the dal consistency.
- Put boiled dal to simmer on a medium high heat.
- After dal comes to a boil, heat up oil in separate skillet on the side.
- Once oil is hot add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing, turmeric powder mix well.
- Lower down the heat, add red chilli powder and amchur powder to that and mix well.
- Pour this tempering over boiled chana dal.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves!