A very easy and simple Maharashtrian delicacy. Gets sweet, spicy and tangy taste. Perfect to make during rush hours or on lazy weekends!
Preparation time : 10 mts
Cooking time : 10 mts
Serves : 1 people
- 1 cup Thin Poha Flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Coconut
- 1/4 of Onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Peanuts
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- pinch of Hing
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt tp taste
- Sugar to Taste
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Mix thin poha flakes with fresh shredded coconut, chopped onion, mix well.
- Put one plate on the top of poha mixture and one heavy bowl or weight on the top of it.
- Keep aside for 15 to 20 mts.
- For tempering heat up oil and first shallow fry raw peanuts until they are brown in color.
- Once peanuts are browned up, remove excess oil from it and keep peanuts aside.
- Now in the same oil add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing, mix well.
- Nest put in green chillies, turmeric powder, curry leaves, mix well.
- Now pour tempering over poha mixture.
- Mix well, add lemon juice, salt to taste, lemon juice, finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Serve immediately and garnish with fried peanuts!
You may substitute coconut by using coconut water or chopped veggies.