A very easy and simple Maharashtrian delicacy. Gets sweet, spicy and tangy taste. Perfect to make during rush hours or on lazy weekends!
Preparation time : 10 mts
Cooking time : 10 mts
Serves : 1 people
- 1 cup Thin Poha Flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Coconut
- 1/4 of Onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Peanuts
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- pinch of Hing
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt tp taste
- Sugar to Taste
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Mix thin poha flakes with fresh shredded coconut, chopped onion, mix well.
- Put one plate on the top of poha mixture and one heavy bowl or weight on the top of it.
- Keep aside for 15 to 20 mts.
- For tempering heat up oil and first shallow fry raw peanuts until they are brown in color.
- Once peanuts are browned up, remove excess oil from it and keep peanuts aside.
- Now in the same oil add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing, mix well.
- Nest put in green chillies, turmeric powder, curry leaves, mix well.
- Now pour tempering over poha mixture.
- Mix well, add lemon juice, salt to taste, lemon juice, finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Serve immediately and garnish with fried peanuts!
You may substitute coconut by using coconut water or chopped veggies.
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
2 August 2016
28 July 2016
menashe jacob :
26 August 2013
thaks madam iam glad to have it.i do remember my mum long long time used to serve us this tasty dish every sunday morning and we used to wait for this every sunday.ireally don;t know why iam relating this here'perhaps old loving memory then .once more thanks.