Navaratra special Samo seeds vade. These are prepared using samo seeds’ flour. These are prepared with potato and Samo seeds’ (Varai) flour. These crispy and crunchy vade taste just fabulous. These can good tea time snack too. Enjoy Samo seeds’ fritters.
- 1 medium size boiled, peeled and grated Potato
- 3~4 tbsp Samo seeds flour
- 1 tsp Ginger-chili paste
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Take samo seeds into a blender pot or coffee grinder and blend it into fine powder.
- Take potato in a mixing bowl. Add samo seeds flour, ginger-chili paste, cumin seeds, salt and coriander leaves.
- Knead it into soft dough. Make small vadas out of the dough.
- Heat oil in a pan. When oil is enough hot, put the vadas into it.
- Fry until the vadas have deep golden color.
- Keep them rotating to make sure that they are fried from all sides.
- Remove the vadas from oil and put them on tissue paper.
- Serve hot with chutney.