Our family is a crisp lover and this crispy, crunchy dosa is one of our family favorite. It goes perfect as a weekend breakfast, lunch, brunch, dinner or even late dinner snack. So enjoy this another all time favorite snacks.
- 1 cup raw rice
- 1/4 cup split Urad Dal
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 3/4 cup water
- First take rice and dal in two separate bowls.
- Then wash rice and dal separately under cold water.
- Once rice and dal is washed then drain off all excess water.
- Now add fenugreek seeds in rinsed rice and soak it in 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Also soak drained dal in 3/4 cup of water.
- Leave it to soak overnight or 8 hours.
- Once rice and dal is done soaking, drain off all excess water from soaked rice and dal.
- Now add rice and dal together in the blender, add 3/4 cups of water and blitz to make a smooth paste.
- Pour the mixture into bowl, cover and leave it for fermentation overnight or until it doubles in its original volume.
- After batter is fermented, add salt to the batter and mix well.
- Heat nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Grease pan with oil.
- Now pour a ladleful of batter in the center of the pan and spread that around in to clockwise direction.
- Drizzle some oil around the dosa.
- Allow it to cook until edges starts to leave the sides of the pan and dosa gets light golden color.
- Give that a flip and cook from other side for few mts.
- Serve hot with Coconut chutney and Sambar!
Do not pour dosa batter on a very hot pan, otherwise batter will cook right away and you will have proble with spreading the batter.
Cheesy Spinach Dosa - Toddler Recipe
Crispy Potato Sandwich
Peanut Garlic Chutney
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
26 August 2013
Hi Madhura: For how much time (approx) should one must grind the lentils?
Shreeya Jadhav :
19 August 2013
Hi Madhura, I really like all your recepies....... good presentation....... feeling so proud "Maratgi Mulgi" doing so well and going ahead...... Can u please share a recepie of Rava Idlis & Veg Fried Rice if possible.... Thanx in advance.... All the very best for your upcoming dishes.......
27 July 2013
Is the raw rice similar to the regular Basmati Rice? Or is it different?
9 July 2013
what about heat? it should me medium or low?