Chocolate appe... Chocolate cake baked in appe patra. Another thing is these are eggless too. Enjoy this yummy and tasty recipe with a little twist. This can be a quick and easy evening snack. Eggless chocolate appe.
- 3/4 cup Maida / Plain flour
- 1/2 cup powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2~3 drops Vanilla essence
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- Take maida, powdered sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and sieve it into a bowl.
- No lumps of any ingredients should be left.
- Add water, oil, vanilla essence. (If you are using vanilla extract add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract), and vinegar. Mix well.
- Take appe patra and grease it with oil.
- Preheat it for less than a minute. Do not over heat or else cake may burn.
- Add 1 tbsp cake batter into each mould. Take care to fill up the mould upto 3/4th of its capacity.
- Cook for just about a minute.
- After a minute, flip it over. Don’t wait until the upper layer of appam is cooked.
- Just flip over after a minute.
- Take the cake out of the mould.
- You can bake this cake in oven. Bake at 350 Deg F for about 25-30 minutes.
- You also can bake this cake in microwave safe cup.