Paneer pockets is a good snack option. The good thing about them is you can make the pockets ahead of time and deep fry when you want to have. This is a very simple and easy dish. These are crispy and crunchy from outside and soft inside. Enjoy bread paneer pockets.
- 1/2 cup crumbled Paneer
- 1/4 cup boiled, peeled and mashed Potato
- Red chili powder
- Turmeric powder
- Coriander powder
- Garam masala
- Finely chopped Onion
- Finely chopped Green chillies
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- White bread slices
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl, take crumbled paneer. You can grate this if you want.
- Add mashed potato, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, finely chopped onion.
- You can add veggies of your choice like carrot, green pepper etc.
- Add green chillies, salt, finely chopped coriander and lemon juice. Mix well. Paneer stuffing is ready.
- Take bread slices. You can use bread of your choice like whole wheat bread, multigrain bread etc.
- Cut the edges of the bread. Take one bread slice and roll it into thin slice with rolling pin.
- Heat up oil in a pan for frying the paneer pockets.
- Spread a little water on the edges of the slices. Take some stuffing and make flat patty of it.
- Put the patty in the flattened bread and seal the edges.
- When oil is enough hot, drop the paneer pockets into it.
- Deep fry until they get deep golden color from both sides.
- After 3-4 minutes, flip over and deep fry from another side.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes from another side as well.
- Take them out, drain excess oil and transfer into a dish.
- Bread paneer pockets are already.